Stuffed and Rolled Pork Loin
- Pork loin
- Pecan nuts a cup or so depending on the loin size
- Powder Sugar 2 tablespoons
- Honey 3 tablespoons
- Dried apricots a cup or so depending on the loin size
- White port cover the dried apricots
- Apricot marmalade 5 tablespoons
- Set the oven to 350
- Mix the pecan nuts with the honey and powder sugar
- Place the pecan nuts on baking paper sheet and place it in the oven for 3 minutes.
- Let the nuts cool down again.
- Boil the apricots in the white port until they turn soft
- Let the apricots cool down.
- Cut open your pork loin. Start a ⅓ of the filet when you reach the end. Continue at half the thickness of the pork loin
- When you opened your pork loin sprinkle it with salt and pepper
- Chop the pecan nuts and apricots
- Sprinkle the pecan nuts and apricots on the pork loin
- Roll the pork loin and wrap it with butchers twine
- Start your barbecue and add a wood chunk to your fire and smoke your pork loin indirect at 350
- Smoke until the core reaches 145
- Glaze the pork loin with apricot marmalade in the last 10 minutes, make sure it doesn't burn.
- Carve the pork loin at the table.