Recipe type: Entree
- 1 3.5 lb chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 4 large onions, sliced
- 2 oz butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons hungarian paprika (sweet paprika)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup broth, hot
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sour cream
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Add a small amount of butter in dutch oven and brown the cheicken, you don't have to cook it all the way, just brown it.
- In a dutch oven, cook onions and butter over medium heat until pale yellow, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add garlic, paprika, tomato paste, and the chicken.
- Add 1 cup of broth and the salt. Cover and simmer over low heat for 45 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Allow it to cool a bit and stir in the sour cream.
- Serve with egg noodles or over rice. We like the rice version much better.