Recipe type: Entree
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 29 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 1 29 oz. can kidney beans (with liquid)
- 1 29 oz. can pinto beans (with liquid)
- 1 cup diced onion ( 1 med. onion)
- ½ cup diced green chili
- ¼ diced celery ( 1 stalk)
- 3 med. tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tsp. cumin powder
- 3 T. chili powder
- 1½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups water
- Brown and drain fat from beef.
- In large pot, combine all ingredients and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Cook, stirring every 15 minutes for 2-3 hours.
- Top with grated cheese and onions.