Baked Chicken Breasts with Parmesan Crust
Recipe type: Entree
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon thyme leaves, chopped
- Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 8 ounces each)
- ¾ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup panko or dried coarse baguette breadcrumbs
- Cooking spray
- Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ted-allen/baked-chicken-breasts-with-parmesan-crust-recipe/index.html?oc=linkback
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Mix the mustard, thyme, ½ teaspoon salt and the cayenne in a medium bowl. Add the chicken breasts and turn to coat completely; set aside.
- In a medium shallow bowl, combine the parmesan and panko. Dredge the chicken pieces in the panko mixture, coating evenly and heavily, and pressing the coating into the meat.
- Put the chicken on a rack set over a baking sheet, spray with a quick burst of cooking spray and put the sheet in the middle of the oven. Bake until the chicken is golden and cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes before cutting or serving.