Fire Roasted Garlic Tomato Soup
Recipe type: Entree
- l large onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced (or use ¼ tsp dried minced for each clove)
- Olive oil
- 2 - 28 to 32 oz cans tomatoes (I used “ready-cut” to keep it simple)
- 32 oz bottle fire roasted (or sun-dried) tomatoes (Costco has them for the most reasonable price in larger quantities)
- 2 - 8 oz cans tomato sauce
- 2 - 6 oz cans tomato paste
- 8 cups water (I added 8 - 10 chicken bouillon cubes for more flavor)
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 cups milk or cream
- In a large soup kettle saute onion in olive oil until almost translucent.
- Add garlic and continue to saute a few minutes more. Add tomatoes, sauce and paste - along with water.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree in blender until desired consistency.
- We put tortilla strips and a dab of sour cream on top!