So-Easy Veggie Fried Rice
- 2 sprays cooling spray, divided
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 medium scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger root
- 1 ½ cups cooked brown rice, cooled
- 4 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add egg and swirl to coat pan; cook egg through, remove to a plate, and break egg up into small pieces with a fork.
- Off heat, recoat skillet with cooking spray. Add scallions pepper, peas and carrots, garlic, and ginger to skillet; sauté for 5 minutes. Add rice; heat through. Stir in cooked egg, soy sauce, and rice wine vinegar; serve. Yields about ¾ cup per serving.
- NOTE: This dish works best with completely cooled rice. If you don’t have any rice already cooked, cook ¾ cup brown rice according to package instructions and spread out on a sheet pan to cool while you prep the vegetables.