President Reagan's Macaroni and Cheese
- ½ pound macaroni
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg beaten
- 3 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- A pinch of paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Add macaroni to 2 quarts of boiling salted water and cook for 10 minutes.
- Drain well in a colander. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Stir in butter and beaten egg. Add 2½ cups of the grated cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine milk with salt, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Spoon macaroni and cheese into the prepared casserole. Pour milk mixture over and sprinkle top with the remaining cheese.
- Sprinkle with paprika. Bake on middle shelf of preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until macaroni is firm to the touch and top is crusty and browned.
- Serve at once, either as a light entree accompanied by a hot green vegetable and a crisp salad, or as a side dish with Hamburgers or Meatloaf.