These are really good. Using riced cauliflower instead of rice to help cut down on the carbs.
Keto Stuffed Cabbage
- Large Deep Skillet
- Large Pot
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Large Baking Dish
- 14 oz Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- Kosher Salt To Taste
- Freshly ground black pepper To Taste
- ¼ cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
Cabbage Roll Stuffing
- 12 Cabbage Leaves
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- ¾ lb Ground Pork
- 1 cup Riced Cauliflower
- 3 Green Onions Thinly Sliced
- ½ cup Chopped Parsley Half For Sauce, Half For Stuffing
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Puree tomatoes, apple cider vinegar, red pepper flakes, onion powder, garlic powder, and oregano in a blender; season with salt and pepper.
- In a large deep skillet (or large pot) over medium heat, heat oil. Add pureed tomato sauce, bring to a simmer, then lower to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- In a large pot of boiling water, blanch cabbage leaves until tender and flexible, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ½ c. tomato sauce, ground meats, cauliflower rice, scallions, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
Making The Rolls
- Spread a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of a large baking dish.
- Using a paring knife, cut out the hard triangular rib from each cabbage leaf.
- Place about ⅓ cup filling into one end of each leaf, then roll up, tucking in the sides as you roll. Place rolls seam side-down on top of sauce in baking dish.
- Spoon remaining sauce on top of cabbage rolls.
- Bake 45 minutes to 55 minutes, until the meat is cooked through.
- Garnish with last half of parsley before serving.