Stewed Peppers Peperonata
- 4 Tbl Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion cut into thin strips
- 2 Red Bell Peppers cut in ¼ inch strips
- 2 Yellow or Green Bell Peppers cut in ¼ inch strips
- ¼ Tsp Salt plus more to taste
- ¼ Tsp Pepper plus more to taste
- ½ Cup Tomato Sauce
- 4 Tbl Chopper Fresh Parsley
- 4 Garlic Cloves, Chopped
- 1 Tbl Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tsp Sugar
- Pour the olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet on medium heat.
- Ad onion, bell peppers, salt and pepper cook on medium heat for several minutes, stirring well.
- Add the tomato sauce and 2 tablespoons of the fresh parsley.
- Cover the skittle reducing the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes
- Add the rest of the parsley and the garlic and cook over low heat for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and sugar increasing the heat to medium low. Cook uncovered for 5 more minutes.
- Adjust the slat and pepper, either server right away or chill in the refrigerator.