Recipe type: Entree
This spaghetti-casserole fusion adds in some sure-to-please ingredients like bacon and cheese.
- 1 pound(s) spaghetti
- 4 strip(s) bacon, chopped
- 1 large (10- to 12-ounce) red onion, finely chopped
- 1 container(s) (15-ounce) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cup(s) (2-percent) reduced-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon(s) cayenne (ground red) pepper
- 1 cup(s) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cup(s) frozen peas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling on high. Cook spaghetti as label directs.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, cook bacon on medium 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally. With slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. To fat in pan, add onion. Cook 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- While onion cooks, in very large bowl, whisk ricotta, eggs, milk, cayenne, half of Parmesan, and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Drain spaghetti well. Stir into ricotta mixture along with peas, bacon, and onion. Spread in even layer in 3-quart shallow baking dish. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan on top.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until set.