Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Recipe type: Dessert
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 bananas, mashed (1 cup mashed banana)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F
- Grease and flour a 8½-inch x 4½-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Mix in the oil, bananas and eggs. Stir in the chocolate chips (do not overmix!) and pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 60-80 minutes.
- Cool the loaf in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out and cool completely, right side up.