Sour Cream Chili Bake
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, drained
- 1 10-ounce can mild enchilada sauce
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 Cup shredded sharp American cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1 6-ounce package corn chips
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- ½ cup shredded sharp American cheese (2 ounces)
- In skillet brown ground beef; drain off fat.
- Stir in drained beans, enchilada sauce, tomato sauce, the 1 cup shredded cheese, and instant minced onion.
- Set aside 1 cup of the corn chips; coarsely crush remaining chips.
- Stir crushed chips into meat mixture.
- Turn into a 1½ quart casserole.
- Cover and bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
- Spoon sour cream atop casserole; sprinkle with the ½ cup cheese. Sprinkle reserved chips around edge of casserole.
- Bake uncovered, 2 to 3 minutes