Recipe type: Entree
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ lb ground pork or sausage
- 1 Small onion, sliced
- 1 8 oz. Can of tomato sauce
- 1 6 oz. Can of tomato paste
- 1 pkg. 8 oz. Lasagna noodles
- 1 16 oz. Can whole tomatoes
- 1½ tsp oregano or Italian seasoning
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ lb ricotta cheese
- ½ lb mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz Parmesan cheese
- 1 small container of cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- Brown meat with sliced onion. Pour off grease.
- Add tomato sauce and paste, whole tomatoes along with oregano, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Simmer at least 1 hour.
- Grease 10x13 baking dish and put a very small amount of sauce in pan.
- Place 3 or more cooked noodles on bottom of baking dish.
- Spread sauce to cover then half of 3 cheeses.
- Layer more noodles and the 3 cheeses. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- I usually mix a small container of Ricotta and a small container of cottage cheese. Mix an egg in also. I usually grate the mozzarella but it can be sliced. May be made a day ahead of time. May also be frozen.