Dutch Oven Jambalaya
- Dutch Oven
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- ½ lb Smoked sausage Cut into ¼-inch thick slices
- ½ Large onion Chopped
- ½ cup Green bell pepper Chopped
- ½ cup Red bell pepper Chopped
- 1 cup Celery Chopped
- ½ Teaspoon Cajun seasoning Or to taste
- 1 cup Uncooked white rice
- 14.5 oz Can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Minced
- 2 cups Chicken broth
- 3 Bay leaves
- ¼ Teaspoon Dried thyme
- 1 lb Medium shrimp Peeled and deveined
- Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Stir in the sausage, and cook for 2 minutes. Add the onion, bell pepper, and celery; season with salt and Cajun seasoning. Cook and stir until the vegetables are soft, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in the rice until evenly coated in the vegetable mixture, then pour in the tomatoes with juice, garlic, chicken broth, bay leaves, and thyme leaves. Bring to a simmer and simmer 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, stir in the shrimp, and cook 10 minutes uncovered until the shrimp turn pink and are no longer translucent in the center.
- Remove the pot from the heat, and let stand 5 minutes. Discard the bay leaves before serving.