Brats with Sauerkraut
- 8 Brats
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 2 medium apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 8 brat buns, split
- Place the bratwurst in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the sauerkraut, apples, bacon, brown sugar, onion and mustard; spoon over bratwurst.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until a thermometer inserted in the sausage reads 160°.