Brats with Sauerkraut
- Slow Cooker
- Thermometer (optional)
- 8 Brats
- 1 14 oz Sauerkraut Rinsed and well drained
- 2 Medium apples Peeled and finely chopped
- 3 Bacon strips Cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Onion Finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ground mustard
- 8 Brat buns split
- Place the bratwurst in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the sauerkraut, apples, bacon, brown sugar, onion and mustard; spoon over bratwurst.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until a thermometer inserted in the sausage reads 160°.