Rice Pudding (Pressure Cooker)
Servings: 4 -6
- Pressure Cooker
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- ¼ Cup Long grain rice
- 2 Cups Milk
- ½ Cup Water
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg
- ¼ Cup evaporated milk
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla
- Use the Brown setting to melt the butter. Stir in the rice and coat well with the butter. Turn off the Brown function.
- Add the milk, the water, the sugar and the salt. Stir, close the lid and turn the knob to Pressure. Set the timer for 20 minutes at LOW pressure.
- When done, release the pressure and open the cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix the egg, evaporated milk and vanilla.
- Stir in a small amount of the hot liquid from the cooker, then add the mixture back to the cooker.
- Use the Brown setting to cook the mixture, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until the rice pudding just barely begins to bubble. Turn off the Brown feature. Cool 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to individual dessert bowls, continue cooling to room temperature, and then refrigerate. Serve sprinkled with cinnamon.