Pork Chops and Potatoes (Pressure Cooker)
Recipe type: Main
I doubled the onions and potatoes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pork chops, 1-inch thick
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 3 medium potatoes peeled and cut in ⅛ inch thick slices
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 3 bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Heat the oil in the pressure cooker; generously sprinkle the chops with salt and pepper.
- Use the Brown setting to brown as many chops as will fit comfortably at one time. Remove the chops to a warm platter.
- Add the stock to the cooker, scraping up any stuck particles. Turn off the Brown setting.
- Layer half of the potato and onion slices in cooker, sprinkling with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Place a bay leaf on top. Arrange the chops over the potatoes and onion and add another bay leaf.
- Cover the chops with another layer of potatoes and onion, again season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Pour in the wine and add the remaining bay leaf. Close the lid and turn the knob to Pressure. Set the timer for 20 minutes at LOW pressure. When done, release the pressure and open the cooker. Discard the bay leaves before serving.