- 4 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Fresh Fruit for topping (optional)
- Beat egg yolks until slightly thickened.
- Gradually add sugar.
- Slowly pour in cream, stirring.
- Add vanilla, and pour into 4 custard cups or ramekins.
- Set them in a pan with 1 inch water and bake at 350s for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Cool in the water for 30 minutes and then chill completely before serving. Before serving, cover the tops of the dessert with a thin, even layer of granulated sugar.
- Place under the broiler or use cooking torch until browned.