Tikka Masala (Slow Cooker)
We double the recipe, great for left overs! We also serve over rice.
- 28 oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 small uncooked onion(s), minced
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp ginger root, fresh, minced
- 2 Tbsp garam masala
- 1 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 2 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken thigh(s)
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- ½ cup(s) plain low fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup(s) cilantro, fresh, chopped (optional)
- Combine all ingredients, except yogurt and cilantro, in slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Stir in yogurt and cilantro.
- Yields about 1 cup chicken with sauce per serving.