Tikka Masala (Slow Cooker)
We double the recipe, great for left overs! We also serve over rice.
- Slow Cooker
- 28 oz Canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 Small uncooked onion Minced
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Minced
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger root Fresh, minced
- 2 Tablespoon Garam masala
- 1 Tablespoon Dark brown sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground coriander
- 2 lb Boneless skinless chicken thighs Uncooked
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 Cup Plain low fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro Fresh, chopped (optional)
- Combine all ingredients, except yogurt and cilantro, in slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Stir in yogurt and cilantro.
- Yields about 1 cup chicken with sauce per serving.