Candied Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts with Maple Dijon Glaze
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1lb Brussels sprouts, stems trimmed
- 10-12 slices thick cut smoked bacon
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 1½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 2-3 Tbl real maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 400F, rack in the middle.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place an oven safe cooling rack down in.
- Depending on the size of your sprouts, cut your bacon in half or thirds.
- Coat each side of bacon with the brown sugar and then wrap snuggly around the sprout ensuring the ends overlap by ½".
- Lay the sprout bacon seam side down on the cooling rack in the pan.
- Place in the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and gently turn over trying to keep your bacon still intact.
- Place the pan back in the oven and roast for another 15 minutes or until the bacon has crisped up (remember it will crisp even more as it rests) and the sprouts pierce easily with a knife.
- While the sprouts rest for a minute whisk together the Dijon mustard and syrup.
- Plate the sprouts and drizzle the maple Dijon glaze over top.