- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped carrot
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1½ cups half-and-half
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ pound cooked lump lobster meat
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add the mushrooms, onion, celery, and carrot. Cook and stir until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken broth, and season with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour the vegetable and broth mixture into the container of a blender, and add ¼ cup of the lobster meat.
- Cover, and process until smooth.
- Return to the saucepan, and stir in the half-and-half, white wine, and remaining lobster meat. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently until thickened, about 30 minutes.