Spiced Mashed Potatoes
Recipe type: Sides
- 2 lbs. Sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 2 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 2 tsp Honey
- ¼ cup grated fresh ginger
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tsp. Ground cardamom
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste.
- Put the sweet potatoes and the Yukon gold potatoes in a saucepan.
- Add 1 cup water, cover and steam until soft.
- Combine all other ingredients and heat in the microwave on high for about 2 minutes.
- Mash the potatoes and add the honey mixture gradually, beating thoroughly after each addition.
- Pile the potato mixture around the pork loin on the platter.
- Garnish with orange slices.