Sauteed Red Cabbage
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- ½ red cabbage, shredded
- ⅓ cup white or apple cider vinegar, eyeball it
- 2 rounded tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add oil and onion and saute 2 minutes.
- Add cabbage and turn in pan, sauteing it until it wilts, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add vinegar to the pan and turn the cabbage in it.
- Sprinkle sugar over the cabbage and turn again.
- Season with mustard seed, salt and pepper and reduce heat a bit.
- Let cabbage continue to cook 10 minutes or until ready to serve, stirring occasionally.