Grilled Corn on the Cob with Herb Butter
Recipe type: Side Dish
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 habanero pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 sprigs of rosemary, stems removed
- 2 sprigs of thyme, stems removed
- 4 sage leaves
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 corn on the cobs, husk and silk removed
- ¾ cup queso fresco, crumbled
- ½ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 limes
- Preheat your grill over medium heat.
- Wrap each corn cob in foil and set aside.
- While your grill is heating up, prepare you spicy, herb butter. In a food processor, combine the butter, habanero, garlic, honey, rosemary, thyme, sage, salt and pepper. Pulse until all of the ingredients are combined and the butter is smooth. Transfer the butter to a container with a lid and refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
- Place your cobs on the grill and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the corn begins to brown slightly and it’s heated through. Rotate the cobs every 3-4 minutes as to not burn.
- Remove the cobs from the heat and let sit for 2-3 minutes to cool slightly. Transfer to a cutting board and cut each cob in half. Spread the herb butter onto each piece and sprinkle with queso fresco and chopped cilantro. Squeeze lime juice on top or serve limes on the side.