Recipe type: Entree
- 1 Loin of pork (about 7lbs)
- 1 cup water mixed with 1 chicken bouillon cube ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 tbsp. Anise seed
- 1 tsp. Nutmeg
- 2 tbsp. Flour
- 1 tbsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Wipe the meat with a damp cloth.
- Mix the flour with all spices and rub well into the meat.
- Put in a roasting pan and roast for 3½ hours. Baste occasionally with the wine and bouillon mixed together.
- Continue to baste with liquid from the pan.
- When roast is done, remove to serving platter and surround with the Spiced Mashed potatoes.
- Skim fat from the pan liquid. Thicken pan liquid and use as gravy.