Pork Chop Brine
I also just use water with brown sugar and salt.
- 2 C stock (vegetable or chicken)
- ¼ C kosher salt
- ¼ C brown cane sugar
- ½ tsp black peppercorns about 20 or so
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 C ice cubes
- Combine everything except the ice water in a saucepan and heat on low just until the sugar and salt dissolve, stirring with the whisk.
- Then place ice cubes in too cool.
- Place everything in a container making sure that the pork chops are covers.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 24 hours.
- Rinse pork chops before cooking.
- Cook pork chops until internal temperature reaches 145.