Avocado Tomatillo Salsa
Recipe type: Misc.
- 1 Pound tomatillos, husks removed
- ½ onion, cut into small pieces
- 1 jalapeno pepper, cored and seeded (1/2 for less heat)
- 1 Garlic clove, cut into small pieces
- Juice of one lime
- ¼ cup of canola/olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large avocados, peeled and cut into ½ inch dice
- Place the tomatillos in a pan with just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes just until soft. Drain off water.
- Transfer to a blender or food processor with the remaining ingredients except the avocados. Pulse on and off until chunky, not pureed. Taste for seasoning. Add the 2 chopped avocados. Toss. Makes about two cups. Chill.
- Can make the day before.