Slow Cooker Lasagna (WW)
Servings: 6 Servings
- 1 Slow Cooker
- 1 Large Skillet
- 1 Medium Bowl
- 1 Small Bowl
- 1 lbs. Uncooked 93% lean ground beef
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1 Garlic clove Minced
- 28 oz. Canned crushed tomatoes
- 15 oz. Canned tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Dried oregano
- ½ tsp. Dried basil
- ¼ tsp. Crushed red pepper flakes Or more to taste
- 1 cup Part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1½ cup Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese Divided
- 6 Items Uncooked lasagna noodles
- ½ cup Shredded parmesan cheese Or strong-flavored like Parmigiano Reggiano
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef, onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon as it cooks, about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes; simmer 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together ricotta cheese and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon 1/3 of beef mixture into a 5-quart slow cooker. Break 3 lasagna sheets in half and arrange over beef mixture; top with half of ricotta mixture. Repeat with another layer and finish with remaining 1/3 of beef mixture.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low setting for 4 to 6 hours. Remove cover; turn off heat and season to taste, if desired.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese; sprinkle over beef mixture. Cover and set aside until cheese melts and lasagna firms up, about 10 minutes.