Pork Lo Mein
Recipe type: Entree
- 8 ounces ground pork or sage sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) mushroom-flavor Oriental noodle-soup mix (with seasoning packets)
- 1½ cups water
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 6 cups coarsely shredded Romaine lettuce (6 ounces)
- Put pork, onion, carrots and garlic into a large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes, stirring often, until pork is lightly browned.
- Break noodles into skillet. Stir in seasoning packets, water and peas. Bring to a boil, cover and cook 3 to 5 minutes until noodles and vegetables are almost crisp-tender.
- Stir in lettuce. Cook uncovered 3 to 4 minutes, stirring almost constantly, until lettuce is wilted, noodles are soft and carrots are crisp-tender.