Olive Garden Slow Cooker Pasta Fagioli
- Slow Cooker
- 1 pound Extra lean ground beef Browned and drained
- 1 cup Chopped onion
- 1 cup Chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup Chopped celery
- 1 15oz Diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 15oz kidney beans Rinsed and drained
- 1 15oz white beans Rinsed and drained
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 26oz Tomato-basil marinara or pasta sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon Hot pepper sauce such as Tabasco
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1-1/4 cups Dry pasta I used Rotelle, cooked separately according to the package directions.
- 1/4 cup Chopped fresh parsley optional, for serving
- Grated Parmesan optional, for serving
- Ideal slow cooker size: 6- to 7-Quart.
- Stir together the cooked and drained ground beef, onion, carrots, celery, tomatoes, beans, broth, pasta sauce, oregano, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper in your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 7 hours, or until the vegetables are as tender as you like them.
- When ready to serve, stir the cooked pasta into the soup. Taste the soup and adjust the salt and herbs to suit your tastes.
- Serve with grated parmesan and a sprinkling of fresh parsley, if desired.
Weight Watcher Points
- Weight Watchers SmartPoints: *5Weight Watchers PointsPlus: *5Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints: *3