Healthy one-pan Mediterranean Shrimp entree.
This is an easy, healthy one-pan Mediterranean Shrimp features shrimp baked in tomato garlic sauce with artichokes and feta. Serve over rice or pasta.
- 1 Large Skillet Ovenproof
- 1 Lb Large Shrimp Peeled and Cleaned
- ¾ tsp Kosher Salt Divided
- ½ tsp Ground Black Pepper Divided
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Small Red Onion
- 2 Cloves of Garlic minced
- 14.5 oz Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes in their juices
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- ¼ tsp Crushed Red Peppers
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 14 oz Artichoke Hearts drained and quartered
- ½ cup Kalamata Olives pitted
- ¾ cup Feta Cheese crumbled
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Parsley Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- Rice or Paste for serving
- Place a rack in the center of your oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Pat the shrimp dry, place in a mixing bowl, and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Toss to coat, then set aside.
- In a large, ovenproof skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add onion and sprinkle with the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Reduce the heat as needed so that the onion softens but does not brown. Add the garlic and cook just until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and let gently simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the red wine vinegar and honey. Remove from the heat.
- Scatter the artichokes and olives over the top, then arrange the shrimp on top in a single layer. Sprinkle with the feta.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the tomatoes are bubbling, cheese has browned slightly, and the shrimp are cooked through. Squeeze the lemon juice over the top and sprinkle with parsley. Enjoy hot over rice or pasta.