Chile Relleno Casserole
Recipe type: Entree
- 20 oz. Whole Green Chiles
- 1 lb. Cheddar Cheese (sliced)
- 1 lb. Jack Cheese (sliced)
- 4 Separated Eggs
- 13 oz. Can Evaporated Milk
- 3 tbl. Flour
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Slit down one side, remove seeds, wash & flatten chilies.
- Put ½ of chilies in bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Cover with all the sliced Cheddar cheese.
- Lay in the other half of the chilies. Cover with all the sliced Jack cheese.
- Beat egg whites stiff. Beat egg yokes with milk, flour, salt & pepper. Fold yoke mixture into egg whites.
- Pour into casserole dish over chilies and cheese.
- Bake at 325 for 45 minutes to 1 hour until lightly browned.
You can also add Mexican spiced ground beef to the bottom and/or salsa on the top layer just before the top layer of cheese.