Recipe type: Dessert
I bake ½ the batch for the 2 of us. I bake for 15-16 minutes in the motorhome oven.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Stir in vanilla; add flour and mix well.
- Put through cookie press and form cookies onto baking sheets. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes.
- For chocolate dip. In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and shortening uncovered on High 1 to 1½ minutes or until melted; stir until smooth. Dip half of each cooled cookie into melted chocolate.