Shortbread Cookies Dipped in Chocolate
I bake 1/2 the batch for the 2 of us. I bake for 15-16 minutes in the motorhome oven. You can dip in chocolate or not.
- Baking sheet
- Mixer, stand or hand
- Cooling Racks
- Small mixing bowl
- 2 cups Butter softened
- 1 cup White sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 4 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons Shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Stir in vanilla; add flour and mix well.
- Put through cookie press and form cookies onto baking sheets. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
- For chocolate dip. In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and shortening uncovered on High 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted; stir until smooth. Dip half of each cooled cookie into melted chocolate.