Easy to make ahead of time and always a big hit!
Mexican Wedding Cakes
- Stand Mixer or Handheld Mixer
- Food Processor
- Cooling Rack
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup pecans toasted, coarsely ground
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add 1/2 cup powdered sugar and vanilla; beat until well blended. Beat in flour, then pecans. Divide dough in half; form each half into ball. Wrap separately in plastic; chill until cold, about 30 minutes.
- Working with half of chilled dough, roll dough by 2 teaspoonfuls between palms into balls. Arrange balls on heavy large baking sheet, spacing 1/2 inch apart. Bake cookies until golden brown on bottom and just pale golden on top, about 18 minutes. Cool cookies 5 minutes on baking sheet.
- Gently toss warm cookies in cinnamon sugar to coat completely. Transfer coated cookies to rack and cool completely. Repeat procedure with remaining half of dough. (Cookies can be prepared 2 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature; reserve remaining cinnamon sugar.)
- Sift remaining cinnamon sugar over cookies and serve.