I fried legs in a pot filled with oil, as I don’t have a deep fat fryer. This recipe is for a lot of fried chicken.
I fried legs in a pot filled with oil. Took about 15 minutes for 2 legs. This recipe is for a lot of fried chicken.
- Deep Fat Fryer or deep pot
- 2 Shallow Dishes
- Cooling Racks
- 4 cups all-purpose flour divided
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 teaspoons pepper divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens 3-1/2 to 4 pounds each, cut up
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large shallow dish, combine 2-2/3 cups flour, 2 tablespoons garlic salt, 1 tablespoon paprika, 2-1/2 teaspoons pepper and 2-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning.
- In another shallow dish, beat eggs and 1-1/2 cups water; add 1 teaspoon salt and the remaining 1-1/3 cup flour and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture, then place in the flour mixture, a few pieces at a time. Turn to coat.
- In a deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°.
- Working in batches, fry chicken, several pieces at a time, until golden brown and a thermometer inserted into chicken reads 165°, about 7-8 minutes on each side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- I didn't have any garlic salt, so here is how to make it. Mix one part garlic powder with three parts salt.