Recipe type: Entree
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning Salt
- 8 pieces of Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Lb Fresh Mushrooms (1/2 sliced, '/2 for sauté)
- 2 bottles of Marinated Artichoke Hearts (6.5 OZ each)
- Sherry Wine
- 1 lb of shredded (or Grated) Monterey Jack Cheese
- 2 cans of Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 cans of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2 cans of Milk 2 Large onions
- 4 Bay leaves
- Chicken base to make chicken stock (2 large tablespoons full)
- Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 3 cups of Basmati rice
- 6 cups of water
- Prepare mixture of flour with seasoning salt, paprika, and basil. Drag chicken breasts (after cleaning), in this mixture and sauté in hot oil. Cook 20% done on each side. Place these partially cooked pieces of chicken in a large casserole pan; add sautéed mushroom buttons and drained artichoke hearts to the chicken.
- Prepare Morney sauce with both soups, milk (No water); add wine, and ½ lb of grated Monterey Jack Cheese. Add this Sauce to the casserole and add the remaining grated cheese to the top. Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and paprika. Place casserole in a preheated oven at 425 degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes until top is golden brown and the chicken is ready to serve.
- Rice Preparation: Placed chopped onions in oil and sauté, with the bay leaves and sliced mushrooms. When onions are soft (not brown and burnt !!!!!!) sort of translucent, then add 3 cups of rice and 6 cups of hot water which has chicken base (or chicken stock). Boil for 4 minutes; reduce heat to low, keep an eye so the rice DOES NOT BURN. Stir frequently.