Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey, warmed in microwave for 20 seconds
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 (1/2-inch) slices day-old or stale country loaf, brioche or challah bread
- 4 tablespoons butt
- In medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the half-and-half, eggs, honey, and salt. You may do this the night before. When ready to cook, pour custard mixture into a pie pan and set aside.
- Dip bread into mixture, allow to soak for 30 seconds on each side, and then remove to a cooling rack that is sitting in a sheet pan, and allow to sit for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Over medium-low heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a 10-inch nonstick saute pan. Place 2 slices of bread at a time into the pan and cook until golden brown, approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side.