Eggs in Clouds
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 4 eggs
- ¼cup grated pecorino-romano (or your choice)
- ¼cup chopped chives (or green onion)
- ¼cup crumbled bacon (try sausage)
- Separate eggs, putting whites in 1 large bowl and yolks in 4 separate small bowls. Whip whites until stiff peaks form. Fold in cheese, chives and bacon. Spoon into 4 mounds on parchment-lined baking sheet; make a deep well in center of each.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 3 minutes, then and 1 yolk to each well; season with pepper. Bake until yolks are just set, 2 to 3 minutes
- Also try put the beaten egg whites on the toast and sprinkle more shredded cheese on the top before baking for a variation.