Best Soft Scrambled Eggs
Best ever scrambled eggs!
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ tablespoons whole milk (1/2 tablespoon for each egg)
- 1¾ teaspoons potato starch or cornstarch (1/2 + ⅛ teaspoon for each egg)
- Salt to season
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 tablespoon for each egg)
- First, crack 3 eggs into a medium bowl. Then, in a separate cup or bowl, evenly whisk together the milk and cornstarch until it's lump-free (don’t mix them directly with the eggs or you’ll get lumps).
- Add the milk and cornstarch mixture to your eggs, and beat until smooth. Season with salt.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over high heat until hot, then add the butter (should sizzle right away). Wait until the butter’s melted and bubbly, but before it browns.
- Add the beaten eggs. Wait for 3 seconds without stirring anything, until the edges of the eggs start to bubble up.
- Then remove the skillet from the heat (yes, remove!), and start stirring the eggs, making 1 full circle per second… 1, 2, 3….
- , 5, 6, 7…8, 9, 10, 11…(If you use a mini skillet instead of a large one, it may need a few more seconds).
- For about 11 to 12 seconds. The eggs will have absorbed all the butter, but remain partially undercooked (add about 5 seconds more to every 3 extra eggs you’re scrambling, but I wouldn’t do more than 6 at once).
- This is when you transfer them onto a plate. Do not wait until they look fully cooked!