Slow-Cooker Beef Roast
- 1 large sweet onion, cut in half, then cut into thin slices
- 3-lb boneless beef bottom round roast
- 3 baking potatoes, cut into 1½- to 2-inch cubes
- 2 -3 Large carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1¾ cups beef broth
- 1 package (1 oz) onion soup mix (from 2-oz box)
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- In 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, place onion. Place beef on onion. Place carrots, potatoes and garlic around beef. In small bowl, mix 1¼ cups of the broth and the dry soup mix; pour over beef. (Refrigerate remaining broth.)
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 9 to 10 hours.
- Remove beef and vegetables from cooker; place on serving platter. Cover to keep warm.
- In small bowl, mix remaining ½ cup broth and the flour; gradually stir into juices in cooker. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened. Serve sauce over beef and vegetables.