Slow-Cooker Beef Roast
- Slow Cooker
- Small mixing bowl
- 1 Large sweet onion cut in half, then cut into thin slices
- 3- lb Boneless beef bottom round roast
- 3 Baking potatoes cut into 1 1/2- to 2-inch cubes
- 2 -3 Large carrots cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 1 3/4 cups Beef broth
- 1 package Onion soup mix 1 oz onion soup mix (from 2-oz box)
- 1/4 cup All-purpose flour
- In 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, place onion. Place beef on onion. Place carrots, potatoes and garlic around beef. In small bowl, mix 1 1/4 cups of the broth and the dry soup mix; pour over beef. (Refrigerate remaining broth.)
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 9 to 10 hours.
- Remove beef and vegetables from cooker; place on serving platter. Cover to keep warm.
- In small bowl, mix remaining 1/2 cup broth and the flour; gradually stir into juices in cooker. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened. Serve sauce over beef and vegetables.