- 1½ Tbsp Canola oil
- 1 cup Long Grain Rice (Jasmine)
- 2-3 slices of bacon cooked and chopped
- ¼ cup Minced onion
- ½ cup green or red bell pepper
- l/2 Tbsp Minced garlic
- ½ tsp ground Cumin
- 1-1½ Tbsp Tomato Knorr (bullion)
- 2 cup Water
- Combine cumin, bullion and water, set aside.
- In a medium size saucepan combine the oil, bell pepper, onion and garlic. Simmer over medium heat until onion is beginning to become translucent and bell pepper is soft.
- Add the rice and cooked bacon and cook for about 2 minutes more, add liquid and bring to a full rolling boil, cover and pull off heat.
- Let stand and cook for 15-20 minutes. Most important don't lift the lid!
You can add sliced olives, corn any number of other items to make this your own.