Almond Crusted Salmon
We never liked Salmon until this recipe.
- Sheet pan
- Mixing Bowl
- Parchment Paper or Aluminum Foil
- 2-4 6-8oz center cut salmon filets
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup Homemade Almond Meal *See note below
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wrap a baking sheet in foil or place a sheet of parchment paper on top. Place salmon over the parchment paper or foil.
- Brush 1 tbsp. of dijon mustard on top of each salmon filet.
- In a bowl, combine the almond flour, olive oil, paprika, and salt and pepper. Using your hands, toss until it is all combined and coated in the oil.
- Top the salmon with the almond flour mixture so that is evenly over the top in a thin layer (you may not need to use all of your almond mixture.. don’t cake it on there).
- Bake at 400 in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
*you can either purchase store bought almond flour. If you do this, buy the almond flour from Whole Almonds, not blanched almonds. Bob’s Red Mill has a good one. Or, take a cup of raw almonds (not blanched) and place them in a food processor or blender and grind them until they are finely ground into a coarse powder.