Chocolate Creme Brulee
- 1½ cups Cream
- 2 ounces Sugar, granulated
- 2 ounces Semi-sweet Chocolate, melted 4 Egg Yolks
- Whipped cream
- Combine the cream and sugar.
- Slowly bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the melted chocolate.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg yolks.
- Whisk in a small amount of the warm cream mixture.
- Slowly whisk in the remaining cream mixture.
- Pre-heat the oven to 300.
- Pour the mixture into four small oven-safe bowls.
- Place the bowls in a baking pan. Add water to the baking pan to halfway up the sides of the bowls.
- Bake for one hour or until set.
- Chill in the refrigerator.
- Before serving, cover the tops of the dessert with a thin, even layer of granulated sugar.
- Place under the broiler or use cooking torch until browned.
- Garnish with whipped cream.